2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup onion,chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 tablespoons whole grain flour
3 cups 1% milk
2 cups skinless and boneless chicken, chopped
1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 teaspoon fresh (or 1/4 teaspoon dried) thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (14.75 oz.) can of creamed corn
1. Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add onion, celery, and jalapeno and cook about 3 minutes or until tender.
3. Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in milk, chicken, corn, thyme, red pepper, salt and creamed corn.
5. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Fat: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 49.9 g
Protein: 26.7 g
Based on 6 servings