1 lb. beef tenderloin tips
1 1/2 cups whole wheat bow tie pasta
1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1 10.5 oz. can beef broth
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, trim fat from meat and cut into 1 x 1/2" pieces. Spray a large skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef and stir-fry 3-5 minutes until outside surface is no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
3. In the same skillet, add the olive oil and heat until hot. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in the flour. Gradually add 1 cup beef broth, stirring until blended. Bring to boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Return beef to skillet and heat through. If stroganoff appears too thick, add more beef broth to thin as desired. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve beef mixture over pasta. Add dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Makes 4 servings (approx 4 oz beef and 3/8 cups pasta)
Banana Raisin Muffins
Serves: 6Serving Size: 1
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup 1% milk
2 medium bananas, mashed (around 1 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Measure sugar, baking soda, salt and flour into a bowl. Stir well to combine ingredients.
3. Add oil, milk, mashed bananas and vanilla; mix just until flour is moistened.
4. Fold in raisins.
5. Use a non-stick muffin pan, or muffin papers. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan right away.
Fat: 9.5 g
Carbohydrates: 46.2 g
Protein: 5.1 g