Image Map

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My New Fav...

Im usually NOT a Lifetime kinda girl.. BUT, this show has sucked me in...
It may have even become my new favorite weeknight show.. O how I wish it was at 9 instead of 10 (yes I go to bed at 10, dont judge)  but thats ok it worth staying up for. 
I think I may especially like it having worked in Labor and Delivery.. it brings back alot of fond (and not so fond) memories. Yes there are days I wish I still lived worked in L&D.. and maybe I will go back one day.. but for now I'm living a bigger dream... at home with my lil sweetpea.

O.k. back to the show... So basically its... 24hr non stop cameras filming the Labor and Delivery Unit at Riverside Methodist Hospital. The cameras catch the good, the bad, and the ugly. They show live footage of very smooth births, and also the ones that get out of control, and end in paging NICU. Sometimes I watch it and think ... OMG these crazy people, and then it reminds me of a patient I had cared for in the past,you know the ones who leave you thinking people should have to pass a test before reproducing.  Other times I am teary eyed when they are holding a baby who is only seconds old, as I remember those very sweet first few minutes with my baby girl..

My husband was in shock when I turned to him and said... "I could totally do that again"..... after he picked his jaw up off the floor.. he said... "Are you serious, you just told me no more babies for at least 2 years"....

HA ... let me clear something up... I said I could do the Labor and delivery part.... not the 10 months of pregnancy, back pains, first 6 weeks with a new infant again.... JUST.. the delivery.. though painful as it was (and flippin long.....38 hours of contractions just aint cool)
I really enjoyed that part... the excitement, the emotions.. the feeling of.."WOW.. I just did that.. I grew a person and then gave birth to them....and I have the "seal(s) of authenticity" to prove it....That overwhelming sense of pride and accomplishment followed by the intense love you have for something so new...
So yes.. I could do "that" part again.....

If you get a chance on a tuesday night check out

"One born every MINUTE"
on Lifetime








3 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I just recorded it! I can not wait to watch it!

Jen Watts said...

I do not watch that show but I completely agree with you about the labor thing. I had a c section and would relive that day again before the miserable 9 months!

Christy said...

Too funny, the hospital it was recorded at is actually a local hospital to me. I have a few people I know who have delivered or worked there.

It would have been a hoot to have it at the hospital I work at. Oh goodness!!