Image Map

Sunday, April 11, 2010

workin out and diet changes.

today I was able to run 3 miles on the treadmill, of course at a very slow pace (12 min/mile) but I still did it. If I try to run fast my bladder cannot handle it, so slow and steady it is! I also have been doing lots of arm work with weights. Todays weight set looked like this:
Seated curls 4 sets of 25 reps on each arm
Seated overhead extensions both arms at once 4 sets of 25 reps
Standing behind head raises both arms at once using 1 weight 2 sets of 30 reps.

I have also been thinking more and more about our diet, and have wanted to change things a bit. I want to stay away from most all refined sugar foods, processed foods, and processed dairy. We don't really eat that much of those things anyway so it shouldn't be to hard. I want to get our diet consisting of mostly clean, live foods.. like veggies espcially greens, fruit, nuts, beans, and meats but no pork, mostly chicken, turkey, chevon(goat), and very lean beef.

I will post as many of the recipes that I use as I can. If you have any good ones to share with me I would love them.

What I will be cutting out is alot of carbs, dairy, and unhealthy cuts of meat. Thats not to say taht I will not cook any bread or pasta but it will be limited and include lots of veggies.

No comments: