Image Map

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Guest Post from a friend and fellow runner.

You all know how passionate I am about running, and children, so when Kristin {Friend from college} approached me about this guest post I was more then happy to have her hop over to my blog to share about her upcoming marathon opportunity. 


Hi! My name is Kristin.


 I’m a New Englander turned New Yorker who is a runner by morning, teacher by day, and wife by night (Well, a wife really all the time!!!). My mornings begin with a 5am run, followed by working as an elementary public school teacher, and finish with taking care of my hubby and puppy, with all sorts of fun city stuff in between!

Becoming a runner began in high school when I decided to run a 5 mile Thanksgiving day race. Easy enough, right? No. I did HORRIBLY! Despite the poor showing (60+ minutes), I got the bug. I ran through college, ran through grad school, and now I will run through working until my legs can’t move. After getting married, I needed some new goal to work toward. I happened to catch the Kona Ironman, and it inspired me beyond words. I decided to try a half marathon. I had never run more than 7 miles, but I went for it anyway. Yet again, I was hooked. Four half marathons later (More! Women’s Half Marathon, Hamptons Half Marathon, 13.1 NYC ’10 and ’11), I decided it was time for the big one: The New York City Marathon.

I applied for and received a charity entry through Team World Vision. In order to secure my spot on the team, I have the great opportunity to find people to sponsor impoverished children around the world. The goal is to sponsor a child per mile = 26. 5ksandcharddonay has been generous enough to let me guest blog to tell you about this amazing opportunity. 

Please consider joining me in achieving this goal. Follow THIS LINK to my fundraising page. Be sure to put “Kristin Miller” when prompted to say who you are supporting through your sponsorship. 

Also, check out my blog as I continue on this journey toward my first marathon!!!



Support Letter

No comments: