Image Map

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tell me I'm not the only one

You see them walking toward your child, you know they are going to talk in a high pitched baby voice to your child, trying to get a smile in return, and then they do it.. they reach out their hand.. you start to cringe.. already thinking about where the sanitizer is if they end up touching your child.

Before you can even get the words out to stop them they have already stroked your childs face...

please tell me you have been in this situation before? I hate having to but I dont know where these strangers have been, and too bad if I offend them.. I try my hardest to get the words out before they touch her.. "O please don't touch her {face, hands, lips}" 

When small children go to touch her I always say "Don't touch her face, you can touch her tootsies"... In my head it just seems better if they have to make physical contact to touch her toes instead of her hands which are constantly in her mouth or her face. 

Old men are the ones that get me though.. for some reason I think its sweet when older men {usually in the grocery store} come up to her, and call her some old fashioned name and then want to touch her.. I always freeze up like its off limits to tell them no.. afterwords I quickly duck into an isle and whip of the bottle of hand  sanitizer. 

Are you scared of germies too?

3 comments:

the workaholic momma said...

OOHHH yes - I'm scared of the germies too!! I've been getting better now that Addie is getting older and flu season has ended but I do worry and it really bothers me when people I don't know think she's an invitation to pet. Sometimes I wonder what they would do if I stroked their face back - pretty sure it would weird them out - maybe I should try - ha!

Kelly L. said...

YES! I could have written this myself. I am a sanitizer freak!

Littlest True Blue said...

my father in law seems to think it is appropriate to put my baby's whole fist in his mouth...it totally disgusts me! i don't care if he is related...it's sick! germs are gross.