Image Map

Sunday, July 3, 2011

{Recipe} & 30DHAC review

This has been one of my go to recipes, its easy, light, healthy, and tastes pretty good too!

What you will need:
  • 1 cup reduced fat Bisquick
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1/4 cup egg substitute
  • 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (any style)
  • 2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped
  • 2 cans Campbell's fat- free Cream of Mushroom soup 
  • Cooking spray

How to make it:

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
  • Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with Pam
  • Mix together vegetables, chicken and soup
  • Pour into prepared pan
  • In another bowl, mix Bisquick, milk and egg
  • Pour dough mix over the top of chicken mixture
  • Bake for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden



Cooking chicken

Smaller portion trick I learned.. make them in loaf pans then you can save the other half for another meal, or give it away to a friend or neighbor, then you wont be tempted to eat too much.

second pan I took to a neighbor

warm and golden



Now for the 30 Day Husband Appreciation Challenge weekly review Link up................

Even though we are only 3 days into this.. I am so thankful
that I decided to take part. Honestly, I am LEARNING to show more appreciation
and respect to my handsome, hard working, tough, but also tender husband.

The first couple time I "as instructed" thanked him for the things he does, and reassured him he was doing a great job as provided, and comforter, and protector... I could see it in his eyes that he enjoyed hearing it.
Which of course made me want to do it more often, there were times when "as instructed" I had to bite my tongue from saying something negative, or complaining about something he did.. But in doing that I am learning that some of the things he is doing that I complain about are not wrong.. just different..  

I did not get him a gift on day two, instead he really wanted a quiet family day at home ( we have been running like crazy super busy all week, and we have a busy today and tomorrow) so I cancelled my plans and we did just that, spent the day together just us, made homemade pita pizza's, went to the pool, had a great time! 

I am looking forward to what this week brings!

Would you like to join in? Its not too late.. head on over to the beautiful Laura's Blog (click on button above) and join!

~Make sure you check back this week, I more great giveaways, including... a cloth diaper giveaway~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw. I love that you were able to spend some time together. The pita pizzas sound yummy. Sometimes those days are so necessary to just relax, unwind, and enjoy each other's company. Thanks for linking up so we could read about your experience so far!