Image Map

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fussy

Fussy doesn't even do it justice.. I have a baby with reflux!!!!!!!! It's been the most difficult thing to deal with, the lack of sleep has even been easier to cope with then this. Basically this is how it goes... baby cries because she is hungry so I feed her as soon as she is done she has to stay upright for 30 minutes then she cries HARD.. the kind of cry like when they get shots. She will continue to cry for about 25 minutes because the acid is coming up and burning her throat. It has actually gotten so bad she has vomitted blood... and let me tell you for a first time mom, that is a very scary sight at 2 in the morning.

We have tried zantac, and prevacid however her tummy doesn't tolorate them and she vomits them up. We use mylicon drops, gripe water, and now gaviscon. We bounce her, sing to her, rock her.. but nothing really stops the crying.

There is no worse feeling in the world then to know your child is in pain and you cannot do anything for them.

What makes it worse...... is thats not the only problem we are dealing with... she also has all of the symptoms of overproduction.. .... You see the milk factory sometimes goes into overload, and makes to much resulting in a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance so my baby girl only gets the water fat free milk and not the fattening milk wich just loads her intestines up with lactose resulting in alot of gas, explosive green stools, a very fussy baby, she screams while she is eating sometimes.

I want to be there for EVERY minutes of my baby girls life however sometimes I just wish I could fast forward to the 3 month mark (the pedi says it will be better then) because I know my baby wont be in pain anymore.

4 comments:

Jen Watts said...

love her heart!! my nephew was a reflux baby and my sister tried EVERYTHING!! it did get much better at 3 months...maddox literally slept in his carseat the first months of his life. I'll ask my sister if anything seemed to help..guess I better get back to my fussy miss ;)

Anna said...

I'm sorry Sarah...I know, reflux is VERY hard to deal with...hang in there, it WILL get better. The medicines take up to two weeks to work, if they can keep them down - which is so frustrating that they need time to build up in their system when you just want to give them relief now! I'll be praying for you! I had to pump out some of the foremilk before I fed Avery sometimes so that she would get the good hindmilk with all the fat & that sat heavier in her tummy so it didn't come up so much. Avery also slept in her carseat until she was almost 3 months because when she laid her down she screamed from pain. It is so heartbreaking. Praying for you & Emmie & Kyle for peace & patience & healing!

Ashley Paige said...

Aww, lovie! I'm so sorry to hear this! Just reading your post and thinking of your nights/days brings me to tears! I can't imagine being so frustrated and watching Miss E in pain! Hopefully there are some Momma's out here that will have some extra advice to offer!! Wish I could help! I hope those meds stay down and start helping real soon!!

5th Belle Avenue said...

Ooohh no! I am so sorry! Gosh, I hope so badly she gets over this soon. It really must be SO hard to see your sweet peanut in pain. You are a rockstar mom!!! I hope BOTH of you are able to find some relief SOON!