You can view more Birth Images HERE
Our church blesses new moms by organizing a meal train to being them dinners every other night for the first two weeks after they bring the new baby home. I am bring her meal tonight, (and of course grabbing some newborn shots of new baby Dempsey while I am there).
I had alot of work to do this morning, so I figured I would use my favorite kitchen tool, the crock pot, and prepare a double bath of dinner, so that both our dinner and hers would be ready at the same time.
It's a bit cold here in MD today so I wanted something warm and cozy, basically that means it needed to have cheese, and carbs in the ingredients!!!
Crockpot Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, & Rice
What you need:
- 3 c. brown rice, uncooked
- 6 c. water
- 2- 10 3/4 oz. Broccoli Cheese Soup, 98% Fat Free
- 4-6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, frozen
- 16 oz. broccoli, frozen
- Pepper to taste and/or your favorite low-sodium seasonings
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar Cheese
What you do:
(It seriously cannot get any easier then this)
1) Mix the uncooked rice, water, 1 can of soup, and broccoli into crockpot
2) Place uncooked chicken on the top, cover with second can of soup, top with seasoning, and cheese
3) Cover and cook on Medium for 6-8 hours,
closer to 6 hours for raw, 8 hours for frozen.