Image Map

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Its been three weeks

As you know hubs and I have done some major re-vamping in our lives, including our diets.. we have always eaten pretty clean, but recently... we have eaten a bit cleaner..

We follow much of a paleo diet, with a few modifications.. we will do the occasional whole wheat or grain product, except for the past few weeks. Starting about 3 weeks ago we began another 24 day challenge.. part of that was giving up most starches and carbs.

Yesterday I did however eat a little bit of pizza baked on what seemed to be Italian bread, it was only a 3 bites, and yes it did break the rules a bit for the 24 day challenge, but I did it anyway.. and I paid for it.. my stomach was suddenly in knots, and felt horrible.. I got a headache, and felt lethargic, thankfully it didn't last all night long but it was enough to make me think about eating bread like that again.

Whole wheat doesn't seem to bother me, however the only thing I usually eat is a whole wheat wrap, so that isn't really to much, but this morning I did make some wonderfully delicious muffins, that did have whole wheat flower, I didn't eat much of them enough to taste them, and I seem ok from that.

These muffins would be a a great way to get some veggies into your family members that may otherwise not normally eat vegetables. The recipe came from my good friend who posted it HERE. I made a few changes to the recipe when I made them, I used agave instead of honey, and for some reason why I was mixing in the flower it got a bit too thick so I stopped at 5 cups, and added and extra 1/2 cup of applesauce. They were very yummy though! Let me know if you try them !

Whole Wheat Zucchini Carrot Muffins

6 cups whole wheat flour
3 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cup honey
2 cups shredded zucchini (skin and all)
2 cups finely shredded carrots
1 cup applesauce
4 eggs

Mix everything together (I like to add the flour a little at a time) and put a little less than 1/3 cup of batter into each WELL-GREASED muffin tin
Bake at 400 for 20 minutes




No comments: